Saturday, August 13, 2022

Grandpa hunting

Here is my challenge at Cookin' Up Creations for August 13. This month it's all about the QUOTES. We hear them, we remember them, we display them, we repeat them and now we are challenging you to show us your interpretations of them on your paper projects. Whether it’s a funny quote, one that encourages, one that makes your heart sing, or one that provides motivation, we guarantee the challenges will inspire you. 


Here is my quote:  “The best thing in life aren’t things.” — John Ruskin

This will be a people/pet theme. Use any people of pets in your life that bring you joy. Show us those that you love, or miss, or care for.

The best things in life are people and pets.  My challenge to you is to use any people or pets that bring you joy.  So show us those you love,, or miss, or care for.   Also include some circles on your page.  I have paper circles, sticker circles, buttons, and enamel dots.   

Here is my page 


I chose to scrap an old photo of my dad.  He was an avid hunter, fisherman, snowmobiler, outdoors guy.

I did use the August single page sketch from Stick it Down:


 


2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the August Stick it Down sketch! The plaid background and torn paper strips for the borders make for a great hunting layout! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    - Brandi (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tearing paper is a favorite go to technique for me as well. Thanks for playing along this month! ~Sherry

    ReplyDelete