Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Circles for Christmas

Here is my tutorial on Creative Inspiration today

I have been trying different ways to enhance my background.  In school I saw art projects on the wall that had circles that overlapped.  I asked the art teach how they did that and she said with plastic cups.  So I found a used medicine bottle in my recycle bin and tried it.  I put some paint on some clear packaging and then dipped the bottle into the paint.  I used a red and 2 shades of green (bright and pale) 
 

I put my plain background paper in my stamping box (an old box from one of my kit clubs) and then stamped on my paper.  I moved the paper a little, as needed, so I could stamp the circles off the paper.



The light green looks white on the paper.  Once everything was dry I went ahead and added my photos, title, journalling, and some embellishments.


Oh and I always move my paper around a few times to see what direction I like it best before I attach anything to it.

I will enter this creation into the July 28 challenge at Studio Challenges -- Title and journaling

I hope this inspires you to do some fun background.

3 comments:

  1. Love the background!! One of my favourite techniques!! I used it as well on my page!! Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! Love the background also!! So glad you joined in the fun over at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Love the background on your pretty Christmas layout! You just never know where you will find inspiration! I may have to try out this technique, as well! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Studio Challenges! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete