Sunday, March 11, 2012

Paper Variety and ScrapFit Challenges

I did a tic-tac-toe challenge from Paper Varieties.  My friend told me about this site and I finally made something to enter one of their challenges.  I used the bottom row of the tic-tac-toe grid.  I included sticthing (by hand), I created a layout, and I included a die cut (the christmas tree and candy canes).  I used a sketch that I found in my Jan/Feb 2012 Creating Keepstakes to hlep guide in in what to put where.


  I also made 2 stick pins and put those on my LO.  I followed the Step Class #2: Make your own decorative "pins" from ScarpFit.  I set my glue gun up in the bathroom.  Since I have no outlet accessible in my scraproom/walk-in closet the upstairs bathroom is the closest place with the plug and a "counter"  My husband was wondering why the glue gun was there.  So I promptly expalined why I was using the glue gun in the bathroom.  I found some decorative metal brads that I hadn't used so I put the glue next to the hole in the back.  I used regular straight pins that I had in my sewing drawer.  They worked well.  I did try to scrape the drop of hot glue off the sink counter and burned my finger.  I later stabbed my finger, so that blood came out, when I was putting the, the pin into my journalling.  Here is a close up of my pins



It was a process and took some time, but the LO came out quite nice.  One more thing you may not have noticed, is the orange stripe in the coordinated green paper.  I found these papers with March shamrock paper.  Since it was mostly green and the greens matched I went for it.

6 comments:

  1. Love that you made the pins!! And great layout. Thanks for playing at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great layout! those pins are awesome! thanks for playing along with The Paper Variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great 2 pages you have made pins looking COOL!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout and love those pins...sorry you had a heck of a time making them. Thanks for joining in over at ScrapFit

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh way to go on making your pins!!! super cool. thanks sooo much for working out at ScrapFIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pins! What an awesome layout. I love all the greens. Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFIT.

    ReplyDelete